Flood Insurance

Did you know that flooding is the most common natural disaster and water damage to parts of your home may not be covered under your homeowners policy? If you live in a high-risk flood area, you may be required to have flood insurance. If you do not, we may still recommend it.

Our teams work closely with realtors, their buyers and sellers on coastal real estate purchases to ensure successful transfer of flood insurance or help to find an appropriate market for what type of insurance you will need in order to satisfy bank requirements prior to closing.  We are well versed in the topics of flood insurance, elevation certificates, and placing coastal homes with the best possible market for the primary insurance.

Flood Coverages Available:

  • Residential Building / Possessions
  • Commercial Building / Possessions

Various types of flood insurance:

  • Primary Flood. The standard limit of $250,000 for Primary Flood on the Dwelling limit will satisfy most (if not all) bank requirements. The addition of $100,000 of personal property can be added for an additional premium.

  • Excess Flood. Excess Flood can be purchased where the $250,000/$100,000 FMA/NFIP ends and go up to the Full Dwelling/Contents Value.

What Flood Insurance Covers

  • Direct losses from a flood foundation
  • Basement / crawlspace
  • Appliances
  • Debris removal
  • Walls & flooring
  • Electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems
  • Furnaces and water heaters

We’ve Got You Covered

Protect yourself against the unexpected. Rand can provide the answers and insights you want, and we can design the custom insurance solution you need.

Related Resources

Riverside / Greenwich

1100 East Putnam Avenue PO Box 900 Riverside, CT 06878

Darien / Rowayton

30 Old King’s Highway South Darien, CT 06820

New Canaan

51 Locust Avenue Suite 204 New Canaan, CT 06840


45 Sherman Street, Fairfield, CT 06824