Insurance Basics for Non-Profit Organizations

Share this

What Kind of Insurance Does a Non-Profit Need? 

Non-profit insurance is a type of business insurance that helps protect 501(c)(3) organizations from risks and claims.

Many non-profits start with a Business Owners Policy (BOP) which includes three essential coverages: General liability insurance, Commercial property insurance, and Business income insurance.

Our client, the New Canaan Museum & Historical Society (campus image above), is a good example. Here’s what Executive Director, Nancy Geary had to say – “Running a museum with significant collections and historic buildings has its share of challenges. When RAND took over the management of our insurance policies, it was as though we had a new member of our team. Directors & Officers liability, collections coverage, policies for special events, increases in coverage for borrowed art were all made possible with ease. And RAND was careful to find the best coverage for the limited budget of a non-profit. I am very grateful for the help, support, and attention to every detail of the RAND staff.”  

Click here for more information from our partners at Travelers Insurance or call Rand Insurance and we can talk with you about your organization and it’s needs.

We’re Here to Help

We’re always ready to talk – and more importantly, always ready to listen. Tell us what’s on your mind, and we’ll be in touch.